Tuesday 19 September 2017

Vintage Style 1156

I've still got quite the backlog of posts to do. This time last year my blogging was cut short because of an operation.  This year, it was overseas travel. Much more enjoyable.  


This was one of the last major sewing projects for winter before I started on making clothes for my travel wardrobe.  I really liked this pattern when I made my pineapple frock earlier in the year.  

Even though I have a whole lot of material lying around, I ended up using off cuts and pre-cut pieces of fabric to put together this contrasting version of the pattern.  The dark brown fabric was actually some wide sleeves I had cut out for an old Vogue pattern I never got around to making up, and from an A-line dress I didn't particularly like.   


I really like how the pattern turned out. It did end up a bit tight across the bust because I was trying to prevent it from gaping, as I knew previously the bust was too big.  


The buttons were also from a pinafore dress that I didn't particularly like, so they've now got new life with this dress.  I only managed to wear this dress once this winter. Guess I'll have to wait until next June before it gets a showing again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment