Saturday 28 May 2016

McCalls 6794

I'm on a mission to make some more tops. Pretty sure I have enough dresses for the time being, or do I. I've had this material for quite some time. I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do with it. I thought it would be good for a dress. But with a most sewing projects I tend to pull certain materials out and contemplate whether they are worthy of the specific pattern I want to make. It's a super light weight cotton so it would have needed lining so that kind of makes up your mind. It was perfect for this top.     

 


Such an easy pattern to work with. This is definitely a top you could make in one day.  I actually love these type of sleeves. So much simpler than adding sleeves separately and you just turn over the seam instead of using binding or facing.  By just adding length this would a perfect dress also.  

Simply a great top that would go with pants or skirts.  I think now the weather is finally cooling down I might try the longer sleeve top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment