Saturday 20 September 2014

Simplicity 2472

This Cynthia Rowley design is just lovely and easy to make. Can be knocked out in one afternoon. You don't even have to cut out separate sleeves which is just awesome.  I got the material from Skafs Fabrics and it has a cheesecloth texture to it but is much heavier. Being such a plain top, I was initially going to make a long necklace in turquoise to jazzy it up, but then decided on a belt instead.  This was my Saturday project.  I had quite a bit of leftover fabric from a dress I made 2 years ago where I had an epic fail  when I cut one of the skirt pieces the wrong way around, which made the fabric pattern upside down.  I didn't use the belt design from the pattern and used my trusty regular template I've used numerous times before.  I also already had some blue fabric lying around for the back and straps. 

Version C



My go to belt design.



No comments:

Post a Comment